Monday, February 5, 2018

Magazine Monday "Nonpareil"

I love any and all fabrics designed by Marcia Derse for Windham Fabrics, so you can imagine my excitement when I actually got to meet her at Spring Market 2017! She was debuting her Treasure Hunt line, and I was swooning. 

My much treasured FQ bundle of Treasure Hunt
A selection of the Treasure Hunt prints
While hanging out in the Windham booth I ran into an editor from Fons & Porter who asked if I could design something for her specifically using the Treasure Hunt line. Talk about being in the right place at the right time ... it was like the stars had aligned! This is the resulting quilt - Nonpareil (featured in Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts Spring 2018). It is a simple pinwheel pattern using fun pops of bright color on a background of various shades of gray.


  
Nonpareil designed by Stephanie Sheridan
featured in Easy Quilts Spring 2018

The magazine is at newsstands now, so be sure to pick up a copy!






1 comment:

  1. Love your beautiful quilt made with Marcia’s wonderful fabrics. The grays in the background are delightful.

    ReplyDelete